WILL DOORWING FIT ON MY DOORS?
DOORWING is designed to fit doors 1.2 to 1.8 inches thick.
Standard doors in North America are about 1.4 inches thick.
WILL DOORWING FIT ON MY DOOR FRAMES?
DOORWING is designed to fit door frames 5.4 to 8.5 inches thick.
Standard door frames in North America are about 5.5 inches thick.
WILL DOORWING WORK ON MY DOORS AND DOOR FRAMES?
DOORWING works on most interior doors and door frames, but in some cases it may not work well. For example, it may not latch properly onto ultra round or sharply angled door frames.
CAN DOORWING BE USED ON EXTERIOR DOORS?
No! DOORWING should never be used on exterior doors.
WILL DOORWING DAMAGE MY DOORS AND DOOR FRAMES?
No. DOORWING is easily installed without the use of tools, screws or adhesives. The soft rubber pads protect the door and door frame surface.
WHAT IS THE DOOR OPENING RANGE WHEN THE LOCK IS LATCHED ONTO THE DOOR FRAME?
The narrowest door opening is 1.5 inches, just enough to protect hands and tails from slamming doors, and keep kids, dogs and cats out of dangerous rooms.
The widest door opening is about 5 inches, which allows most cats to comfortably fit through the door, while keeping kids and dogs out of the room.
CAN I FULLY CLOSE THE DOOR WITH DOORWING ATTACHED TO IT?
Full door closure is possible only when DOORWING is in storage position (folded away when not in use) and only where there is a minimum 3-4 mm clearance space between the door's edge and the door frame. DOORWING's metal bracket is 2 mm thick and must easily fit between the door's edge and the door frame for full door closure. If there is not at least 3-4 mm of space, please do not attempt to fully close the door with the unit attached as this may damage your door frame.
WHAT ARE DOORWING ADVANTAGES VS OTHER PRODUCTS?
- Double function as a door lock + finger pinch guard.
- Keeps the door locked in a slightly open position, allowing proper ventilation and fresh air to regulate room temperature and air quality.
- Can be used as a finger pinch guard without locking the door.
- Keeps kids and pets in safe areas and away from danger.
- Adjustable door opening allows access to cats while keeping kids and dogs out.
- Installs in seconds with no tools, screws or adhesives.
- Damage-free doors.
- Unlocks from either side to avoid accidental lock-ins.
- Adjustable to a wide range of doors and door frames.
- Gives older siblings freedom and privacy. Install high enough to be out of reach for babies and toddlers, but low enough to allow access for older siblings.
- Folds away when not in use. No need to take it off the door.
- Firm pressure mount keeps the lock securely attached to the door.
- Keep kids and pets out of the baby room during nap time.
- Can be used on double doors.
- Made in Canada with top quality and safety standards.
WHERE ARE ORDERS SHIPPED FROM?
All orders are shipped and distributed directly from our warehouse in Ontario, Canada.
IS DOORWING PROTECTED BY IP?
DOORWING is trademarked and a patented technology.
WHAT IF I AM NOT SATISFIED?
This product is only a deterrent and not a substitute for adult supervision. Do not leave children unattended. Install out of reach of children and pets. Discontinue using this product if any parts are broken or defected, or if your children or pets are strong enough to defeat it. Intended for usage on interior doors only. Do not use the product on exterior doors or doors intended for emergency escape. Intended for home usage only. Refer to the USER GUIDE for proper usage.